Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Welcome Change

 Welcome Sign Before.
Welcome Sign After.
I bought the pink Welcome sign pictured above to go outside on the cabinet that's on our porch. We keep our mailbox on it with a few other doodads. The sign I had out there today says Spring so it was time to put it away. Obviously, this was not an expensive sign, and since there's a chance someone could take it while we're not at home, I was going for cheap and cheerful. So I kind of tore everything off so that I could paint it. I used white and tan paints from the Dollar Store. Then I glued on some ribbon & re-glued the sparkly flower, the beehive and the leaf. I tied some raffia around the ribbon and sponged some ink on to the tulip.The flower stems had been painted with white paint so I went over them with a green marker.
The sign was $2.00 and the paint was another $2.00. I already had the ribbon and raffia. So if it disappears one day its no big deal. Hopefully the mail lady likes it!
Thanks for looking. 
Linked to Kristen's Blog Party

No comments:

Post a Comment